Allie’s Dream is focused on changing and shaping lives of individuals by providing unique experiences and opportunities – we make sure that everyone involved in our program is empowered by enrichment through the arts, educational, social, recreational and therapeutic support services. We encourage all individuals to participate in every aspect of programming and to enhance social connections among peers and in the community. We are not a medical or behavioral model.
ALL of us have the potential to be expressive from our unique perspectives and abilities.
We aim to create a nurturing and inspiring atmosphere. We foster respect, dignity, and independence to the greatest extent possible. We focus on ability instead of disability.
We help guide future decision making so that each person can make satisfactory progress through high quality learning experiences based on valid assessments, their abilities, and realistic goals. We encourage pursuit of personal interests, thereby providing greater opportunities for personal success and creative expression.
Allie’s Dream is unique in multiple ways from all other existing adult day program services. We encourage enrichment in an integrated manner all at one location.
The following areas will be typically addressed in each individual’s plan:
- Communication: a number of modalities, including object and picture systems, sign language, augmentative and assistive technology.
- Theme-based Curriculum: addressed at the individual’s level and includes storytelling, culture, science, history, geography, and functional skills.
- Therapy: Standard therapies: physical, occupational, speech, augmentative /assistive technology; others: art, music, meditation, fitness, aromatherapy, aqua therapy.
- Daily Living Skills: addressed on site and in community settings.
- Social Skills: Social interaction, peer mentoring and inclusive exchanges for developing “Circle of Friends”, and ”broader social relationships”.
- Recreation, Art, Theater, Dance: experience the textures, rhythms, visual, auditory, tactile, physical sensory stimulations and integration.
To ensure the tapestry and quality of experiences we provide, we require every family or care giver to commit to private pay and to help with fundraising. These professional and supplemental services are neither covered nor paid for by HCBS waiver nor DDS individual budgets.
The needs and dreams of our individuals will be carefully respected, safeguarded, and promoted through intensive evaluation, collaboration and monitoring.
At Allie’s Dream we recognize all of the important issues for having quality of life and we have done something about them.
Interested in Obtaining Services?
Contact us at 203-671-3898 or click the button below to email questions about receiving services